Diesel Generator Earth Fault Relay setting

Dear All
Can any one guide me how to calculate Earth Fault current Relay setting for a 3phase,440V ,50Hz, 500KVA and 1000KVA Diesel Generator
sets. Is there any guidence available for calculation and please tell about the creteria for setting.
with regards
subba
Ist - The generator's internal impedance. 2nd - the Earth pit impedance. E/F = Phase Voltage / Impedance (Gen + Earth + Ccts?)
Based on the E/F, and wiring regulation (IEE?). U can let it trip by 5s (IEE), .... u can get the Plus setting & Time Mult of the Relay.
Samuel Chan

Please elaborate more, I did not understand