Diesel Generator Earth Fault Relay setting

Dear All

Can any one guide me how to calculate Earth Fault current Relay setting for a 3phase,440V ,50Hz, 500KVA and 1000KVA Diesel Generator sets. Is there any guidence available for calculation and please tell about the creteria for setting.

with regards

subba

Reply to
subba

Ist - The generator's internal impedance.

2nd - the Earth pit impedance. E/F = Phase Voltage / Impedance (Gen + Earth + Ccts?)

Based on the E/F, and wiring regulation (IEE?). U can let it trip by 5s (IEE), .... u can get the Plus setting & Time Mult of the Relay.

Samuel Chan

Reply to
3Cat

Please elaborate more, I did not understand

Reply to
khwarezm