Petter diesel generator

I ran across a Petter diesel genset at the Green Dragon flea / farmers market in Ephrata, PA last Friday. It's at the tool stand run by "Larry" in building 5. I didn't think to look for specific information on makers plates, etc, but it was small enough that it was probably a single cylinder engine. I recall from my reading in the past that Petters have a following, so I thought I'd mention it here in case anybody's interested. The sign said he was asking $600 (or best offer - I think) The Green Dragon is only open Fridays. Larry has a smaller tool stand at Roots on Tuesdays, but my guess is that the genset is heavy enough that it will stay at the Green Dragon rather than travelling.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

On Apr 7, 9:37=A0pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote: As I recall from my days working in a boatyard (in the early 50's), the Petter diesels wee used as an engine in sailboats large enough to have space below decks for them. I think we had a dock launch with one... Joel in Florida =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
joelblatt