here's something both mostly on topic and provocative

Thanks, Bill. The video was a remarkable workout for both my brain and soul!

Chet

Reply to
Chet

I find it troubling how easily our personalities can change and become aggressive and unhelpful the moment we put on the 'mask of the machine'. It doesn't even take a real machine. If we see ourselves as part of a larger impersonal structure, we can commit the most immoral, arrogant, destructive acts with hardly any prompting at all.

"Ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, and without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terrible destructive process."

As Singer implies, the problem is not with 'the machine'.

Arguably, a person can be measured by what they do when they are granted license and immunity. Very few of us choose not to be seduced.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston