Metal Camp - There is hope!!

Good name too!

The Thunderduck Metal Camp at Richland College in Dallas this week
teaches 12- to 16-year-old students the ins-and-outs of the
manufacturing process.
The camp is sponsored by the Nuts, Bolts and Thingamajigs Foundation.
Instructors hope it will spark an interest in two rapidly declining
fields: engineering and machining.
"They're all old and retiring, so we need to spark an interest in
engineering and machining and train some young individuals to replace
those older individuals about to retire," said Brian Fleming, an instructor.
Reply to
RBnDFW
Another trying to keep the brain of kids working

Rick Samuel
On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:23:59 +0300, the infamous "Rick Samuel" scrawled the following:
Kudos, NBTF! Bravo, Gever!
-- Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything. -- Johann K. Lavater
Reply to
Larry Jaques
If you can find any that aren't consumed by texting:
;-)
Cheers! Rich
Reply to
Rich Grise
On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:42:06 GMT, the infamous Rich Grise scrawled the following:
If the city workers did that more often (with much deeper sewer lines) the _real_ problem might go away sooner.
I hope the city doesn't get slammed because of some brainless girl.
Let's hope the DA and judge don't let it into court in the first place.
Reply to
Larry Jaques