Scouts Accomplish Something Cool!

Several hundred local scouts worked together to accomplish something pretty darned neat -- setting a new world record for the most model
rockets launched simultaneously.
http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/1722321.html
The launcher one of the leaders designed was the epitome of simple and it worked beautifully. The launch pads were 2x12s laid down across two flat-bed semi trailers, with 20 - 22 launch rods per board. The rockets were Estes Vikings, each with an A8-3.
A few of us from the THOR came out to help get the igniters in and the rockets on the pads, but this is something that the boys and their leaders truly accomplished themselves.
It was pretty darned amazing to watch 399 rockets pop their streamers at the same time!
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Another article -- http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg 36&u_sid 19631
-Kevin
Great story! Anyone have more pictures of the event?
Bruce Sexton wrote:

One of the guys had his camera with him; I'll have to see what he got. I didn't bring mine.
-Kevin