Download the 1999 NEC for free

It is in the Title 24 California Code in PDF format (71 meg) at:

electrician

Why?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

snipped retarded link

You are one of those retards that the gangs should hunt up and kick the shit out of.

Google retards.... are.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

He feels the need to express his utter retardation to the nation.

Why do you think the dopey fucktard posts through a google groups account? The dumb bastard probably doesn't even know what Usenet is, and thinks he is on a chat forum.

Reply to
Bart!

Since 1995 a few people have asked me for copies of various articles from past NEC codes for legal cases. There is always a copyright issue at stake. The NFPA that writes the NEC is very protective of the copyright as relayed to me by their attorney when a I attempted to get permission to use the Comments on Proposals for training programs. It therefore is of interest that California adopts the 1999 NEC instead of the latest 2008 NEC and then provides the entire code online. Could it be that the NFPA would not allow California to publish a later version and California only adopts a code that can be published? Anyway the 1999 NEC contains most of what is in the 2008 NEC minus a few articles and is available online. I spend about a $1000 every three years buying codes so I thought this would be of interest. Of course, I see a number of sarcastic kooks who disagree and make their usual comments from Usenet Kokology. As far as using google groups, I now have two other commercial accounts that charge me monthly but am just too lazy at times to use them. The free accounts are just not that good; I have tried them and the delay between posting and availability is greater than the commercial ones.

Reply to
electrician

Oh my, another stalker. One of my hobbies is tracking down such troubled creatures and posting their personal information all over the Internet. Some of my outings include Kevin A.Cannon of New Jersey, Peter Ross of England, and my latest and best, Steven P. Olson of Wellington, Colorado. He even got a website dedicated to him. He worked so very hard to win that site after posting 48,000 posts under fargo116, Lamont Cranston and Sean Monaghan. He is probably the Usenet's most viral stalker.

Reply to
electrician

Gerald, I suppose you know NFPA was sued and now has the current code online.

The link I have 404s but I know it is out there somewhere.

Reply to
gfretwell

have to register with them first, but it's free.

Reply to
Rich.

You aren't too bright, are ya' kid. You're yammering at another of DimBulb's sock puppets (he's constantly getting them out of mommy's hamper).

You don't know DimBulb.

Reply to
krw

Oh my. another pussy that cries wolf.

Good luck, fucktard.

A threat like that can get your ass in a serious sling, you retarded f*ck.

You are a true Usenet idiot. Give it your best shot, you retarded f*ck. Just remember that what you sow, you WILL reap, you dumb bastard.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Christ! Is this retarded bastard the Gerald retard?

So, his post was really a troll from the get-go.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

No one does, since there is not now, nor has there ever been any poster in Usenet by that name.

Maybe one day, the truth will whop you upside da haed. I doubt you'll wake up even then, however.

Reply to
MassiveProng

like it has .pdf versions of national codes including several years of the NEC. What looks like the 2008 NEC is 127M. (I haven't downloaded anything.)

Wikipedia references a court decision:

Court of Appeals, 5th circuit, 2002 (probably same case as gfretwell's link), which holds that model building codes that have been adopted can, at least in some instances, be reproduced by others. Putting up the 2008 NEC may(?) be a copyright violation but putting up the electrical code of Idaho, which is the 2008 NEC, is likely not.

the 2008 NEC online.

Reply to
bud--

Wrong again, AlwaysWrong. We *all* know you (unfortunately).

More threats. Ho hum, I expected more poop. At least poop is something you can handle.

Reply to
krw

Another little cry wolf Mary. Predicted.

Reply to
TheJoker

You couldn't predict the time tomorrow starts, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

You are an amatuer compared to Kevin Cannon and Peter Ross. I already have you located.

Reply to
electrician

As if I was hiding, dipshit.

Just remember, that anything you do to obtain my identity will involve a criminal use of the systems that would provide the information.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

bud, Your info is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Reply to
electrician

ard.- Hide quoted text -

blh, blah, blah. You are an amateur. You don't know how to obtain the information and I do. As legal as legal gets.

Reply to
electrician