"Earth Loop" Connections on UK power connector?

Sorry for the repeat! I posted this back in February and am STILL trying to figure out what to do with all these earth connections at the equipment end. At our customer's request, we're installing a UK power inlet that has three earth terminals: Protective Earth (green/yellow), and E1 and E2 (yellow). It describes the E1 and E2 terminals as "2 functional earths (E1, E2) for high integrity "earth loop"". This is something new to me. Can someone describe how E1 and E2 are used? Do we just connect all three to our ground lug in the cabinet?

THANKS!

Harold

Reply to
harold

Sorry I can't directly answer your question but you could try asking here

you may have to register with the IET (formerly the IEE and IIE). Someone there should be able to answer your question. HTH

Rob

Reply to
Robbie Mayhem

Have never seen an outlet with 3 earths. Functional earth hmmm you must be using something that has a high earth leakage. This would normally be connected to a 'clean' earth bar. Any chance of a photo or a better discription of its usage

Reply to
Gavin Parsons

Here's a link to the connector:

Again, our customer requested we use this as an inlet on our product since it's a compact 32A connector. I'm just trying to figure out what to do with all those earth connections.

Thanks!

Harold

Reply to
harold

As i thought IT equipment. The 3rd earth is for supplementry bonding purposes The Earth E1 is main earth and E2 is functional earth to go to a clean earth bar in the IT room

Reply to
Gavin Parsons

So, inside the piece of equipment, do we just tie the three ground leads (PE, E1, E2) to the chassis?

Thanks!

Harold

Reply to
harold