Heidenhain Power Connector

The 2-pin 115V power connector plug on my Heidenhain Dro is u/s. It was cracked and broken when I got it, and the recent machine moves have finally cracked it and lost one of the pins.

Anyone have a spare one lying about I can exchange for beer tokens? Or a source for a replacements? I tried Heidenhain a few months ago and they were distinctly un- helpful, telling me that they wouldn't bother carrying old spares.

It looks like a Harting-type connector, but I couldn't see one like it having had a flick through the RS catalogue.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Any chance of a picture of both parts?

Can it be converted to an IEC inlet? got loads of they here...

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Picture here:

I haven't opened the box up so don't know if there is room inside for an IEC. I was hoping I could just get a replacement plug for the broken one.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

tokens? Or

spares.

Peter,

The same slug and pocket is used on the Heidenhain 'dnc' units (either a cassette tape or diskette) for CNC controls and they turn up on ebay occassionally. I do actually have one but I'm afraid it's in use.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

What are the odds of fitting a matching pair of plug and socket, say, something salvaged from a scrapped stereo or appliance? Are there space constraints against?

Or you could just hardwire it to the back side of the original socket for the time being. A 1/4" hole, a strain releif, and a touch with a soldering iron.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

It looks like this Hirschmann-connector.

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Reply to
Peter Neill

Good to hear! I **thought** that I have one sitting in a drawer (the plug) since decades and I looked for it, but couldn't find it. Or was that unfair telling you? OTOH, that's how I recognized him.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

farnell part number 1176410 £4.29each, 994 in stock

Reply to
bigegg

and £15.71 to make up the minimum £20 order if you don't have an account

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

In article , Charles Ping writes

Incredible, the amount of money I have spent on making up minimum orders, or "I may as well get enough to get free P&P"....

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Do RS have a minimum order?

Reply to
bigegg

Only for telephone orders, web orders for account holders are still 'no minimum' IIRC.

We have accounts with both, but don't use Farnell much as it is almost a duplicate range to RS.

Looking back through 24 years of invoices etc., as we were shredding it all, we used to deal with a whole raft of smaller distributors, many of whom were local. Then the consolidation started, and eventually they all ended up inside one of the four big companies, Arrow, Access, Electrocomponents and Farnell. There are a few left, but realistically you have to deal with one of this four for most bits and pieces.

One thing we have missed is the availability of the big electrolytic caps that Philips made, they are starting to get very expensive now, and we use quite a lot of the big value ones.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Funny - most of my orders are with Farnell as the prices tend to be cheaper than RS. But I do have to keep an eye on things as Rapid and a few other small suppliers can give me a better bulk price even allowing for carriage.

I know I can haggle with Farnell and RS, but at the end of the day a quick check and on-line ordering is better then a long phone call discussing what business I MIGHT place in the next six months :(

Reply to
Lester Caine

Farnell has no minimum for a/c holders - although they do charge £4.25 "handling" for orders

Reply to
bigegg