easy question but im in doubt (ac adaptor)

ive lost my adaptor for my router. on the router, it says 10VDC 1A. but i have another adaptor which outputs 12V 1A. is it OK to use the adaptor for the router?

Reply to
naim

Put 3 1N5401 diodes in series between the adapter and the router to drop the voltage to ~10V.

It might work fine without the diodes, but why take the chance.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr