Electical System Simulation

Looking for a program that can do this: Allow me to draw the high voltage open ring system of a site, consisting of SF6 circuit breakers, ring main units and transformers. This will be displayed on a pc screen and enable me to change the state of circuit breakers and rmu's from open to close. This will only be what is displayed on the screen and is for simulation - no actual connection or control of field equipment. For example, a transformer is supplied from a circuit breaker, the circuit breaker is ON. The cable to the transformer would be one colour, if I switched the CB off, the cable would change colour to indicate that supply is off. The program is for simulation purposes only so that it can be used to assist in putting together switching schedules, and to aid functional switching. Can anyone suggest a program available to do this?

TIA

Reply to
BIGEYE

"Wonderware" or something similar

Reply to
<beard6801

You could design your own. Since no actual system changes or dynamics (such as changes in power flows and voltages) are involved, it should be possible to do this quite nicely in Visual Basic. Point at a breaker symbol, click it to change state and symbol colour changes and line colour changes (suggest 3 colours on at both ends, off at one end and off at both ends. Not a big task. It is more of a task if you want to change the ring geometry.

Reply to
Don Kelly