electricity and gravity

Who is building a gravity machine? You know, something like an electrical generator. Sound stupid? It is not. Think of it, it took man thousands of
years to find out that rotating a conductor in a magnetic field would create electrical current. And evidence of electrical current surrounded mankind the entire time. So what does it take to generate gravity? Isn't it amazing, not one person on this planet has a clue. So my young egineers, looking for something to do? Build a gravity machine.

Mass?

gravity?
that was an astute response.
Phil Scott

Gerald Newton wrote:

Why on earth would you want to do that?
Now, an anti-gravity machine - then you'd be talking.
Sylvia.
Sylvia Else wrote:

Their are many issues about gravity that scientists don't know about. If we would be able to create a gravity machine, then we'd be able to learn more about how it works and how it affects everything in contact with it.
On a science show I was watching "@ Discovery Canada" an epissode came out by some scientists and they were explaining more than 3 dimentions as we know it today. If they are correct then they claim that we would have more than 3 dimentions perhaps way more dimentions than we could understand at this time.

like an

took man

field would

surrounded
gravity? Isn't it

a gravity

know about. If

able to

in contact

epissode came

dimentions
that we would

we could

They have it up to a dozen different dimensions or so now... loopy thinking imo in many aspects...sort of like slicing an apple in 12 different sections... proving how each is different from the next, then declaring there are 12 different dimensions in which the apple operates...then sending some of the slices to egypt to prove the point. The egypt slice even operates in different time zone. (unless you arrange for the cells in each piece to communicate, then they communicate with no time delay, instantly) See earlier NSA experiement reference for that.
In the end we will unify all this to one ultra simple observation of agregate reality imo...that unification has long been postulated .... my view is that it will be similar to what we see with fiber optic signal separation ..one whole, but divisible into various energy levels... each bit of our visible universe operating in its own band compatible with that frequency (or its harmonics).
This begins to be evident in cloud chambers, as sub atomic particles are de-energized they cease to exist discretely.... the same with anything, even insight, as you change the energy the host changes or morphs from one existence to another.
It is this instability that we have chosen not to take into account ...imo... that is slowing up progress.
The human resists change as it sees its current state as survival..any change in state it sees as destructive of that state of survival.
all insight creates change, it is resisted...severely resisted in many cases...
This resistance is simply part of our human condition... less stability than that and we might not even have survived as a species... so I'm not whining...we all operate with these tendencies and limitations... many if not all of those limitations fully warranted.
( rationality is another issue... if the cave man could found an A bomb we'd be grass now...or roaches... our genetic line would have been eliminated)
Phil Scott
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 18:58:14 GMT, Phil Scott postulated the following:

An interesting experiment was done along those lines a few years ago. Scientists at MIT sliced an apple in half. One half was sent to Egypt, and placed inside the Great Pyramid. When the first half was spun in a clockwise direction, the half in Egypt began spinning in a counter clockwise direction. Afterwards, both halves were carefully examined, then eaten.
--
Leonard Geighbaunker

something
it
magnetic
current
Build
don't
we'd be

everything
than 3

than
now...
an
different
of
even
years ago.

sent to Egypt,

was spun in a

counter
examined,
An understanding of physics to its currrent limits is vital to understanding engineering to that level ...but physics beyond that.... on the fringe is laden with idiots and lunatics... a human failing...only after 50 or 100 years do the viable fragments coallesce into something besides nonsense.. especially these days.
Maxwell and Planck were light years ahead of us, over 100 years ago, even today in many aspects. There are reasons for that I believe. Its another topic.
When I was on contract with the USDOE (in the weapons plants) disinformation was used extensively as a tool to keep everyone (including no doubt any infiltrating enemy scientists, confused.. such baloney has not furthered agregate progress).
Robt Openheimer (father of the atomic bomb) wrote a book on that larger issue 'The Open Mind' 1945 or so... available as a used book on Amazon.. it is unnerving, especially today... all this idiocy on basic issues was not generated by accident. (believing the US govt trash job on Oppie is not real bright of a person...one must rise above the manipulated level.. the 60 minutes commentary was more accurately revealing)
The practice Oppenhiemer described is putting America increasingly farther back in the brain race.
Corporate america is not helping with its assumption that they can hire two $25 an hour half wits, and end up with one fully witted person as a rule... themselves flunking out of grade school arithmetic on the subject of multiplying by fractions .... apparently not part of an MBA's education either that or these are otherwise corrupted.
the sentient individual in order to survive and prosper has to step entirely out of that cluster fornication...no small feat these days.
Phil Scott

they stayed fresh for how long?
Roger wrote:

You'd have a better chance getting yourself into orbit by putting your head between your legs and spitting hard. There's no way someone's going to be able to build a gravity generator, if that's even possible, without a good theoretical basis. So you've got it back to front. First understand gravity, then build the machine.
Sylvia.

Funny, and I thought I was standing on one.
Of course to do it right, I'd suppose you'd need a matter generator first.
--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

Yes - but you didn't build it.
At the moment, the best we can do is to bring existing gravity generators together, thus concentrating their effect in one place. I don't think I'd call that "building one".
Even you hypothetical "matter generator" would have to generate matter without requiring a corresponding amount of energy - given that they're the same thing anyway.
Sylvia.
in article 416680a1$0$23897$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au, Sylvia Else at snipped-for-privacy@not.at.this.address wrote on 10/8/04 4:57 AM:

As Feynman pointed out many years ago, they have been invented already. A chair is a good example.
Bill
They have already built it. It is called a CENTRIFUGE.
Simulates gravity and multiples of it!
Dave

an electrical

man thousands of

field would create

surrounded mankind

Isn't it

gravity machine.
The science is not understood yet. I had presented though about 10 years ago a set of equations algebraically derived from E=mc2... high school level algebraic manipulations more or less.... one set solved from the viewpoint of a mass accelerating away from a source, and the other set from the viewpoint of mass accelerating into it (such as a black hole, and what form the energy would have to take inside the black hole for it to manifest as it does)... the two sets of equations reconcile, one to the other in a common matrix, only with what some have called a graviton factor is included... then the equations reconcile from both directions.
from other experiments, the NASA experiments with plants for instance (Secret life of Plants by Tomkins..1972) these reactions (communications) take place across vast distances instantly (there are also experiements lately with pairs of spinning electrons). For this to occur, there has been postulated a graviton field operating aloof from time. ..or as I see it operating instantly but not aloof from time. Its quite likely that my view is the least correct however.
I visualize these phenomena as a racked set of billiard balls...all touching..so that when one is touched, without delay the others move. String theory I think is moving in these directions.
Col Bearden, in charge of US nuclear weapons deployment in the late 70's and early 80's (now retired) and as I found out later in charge of an experiment at LLNRL (Lawrence Livermore National Labs) that I designed that lab for had been looking in that experiement for a medium through which thought traveled (a neutrino field was postulated)... It was a 150' long liquid helium cooled mass spectrometer with a lazer impacted source of tritium filled glass beads.. various screens were fit between the source and target (spectrometer) to devine neutrino's from the other products of the disintegration...one of the shields was 50' of lead rod... nothing but neutrino's would get through that unscathed... any mass of the neutrino would be deflected, and detected by the specially designed spectrometer. (those aspects were not disclosed to me at the time... my guess is that they were able to detect the neutrino;s but not deflect them...(since then a mass for the neutrino has been established.)
My view, entirely unproved in all of this, is that we are not looking at isolated particles in any of this but nodes in multiple frequency harmnic sets that move as the intersects change in what the yaqui indian sorcerers call lines of intent...but also termed unfathomable to humans. So that in any frequency band here exist phenomena not detectable in or influenced by other phenomena living in other frequency bands... a good analogy (but a linear analogy) is seen in how prisms are used in fiber optics to separate out the various frequencies carrying differ wave lenths of light...yet all we can see from the strictly human perspective without such separation is the white (mixed) light.... yet under that is this limitless spectrum of carrier wave that can and indeed is separable into entirely separate signals.
I think the structure of our physical universe is a close brother to that in a broad range of aspects. When that is understood we will understand and be able to control gravity... we are a long way from such a basic level understanding.
(the composit has diffuculty seeing through itself to its component levels, as the composit is dependent on itself and its structure to exist and percieve).
... there have been some experimentation on some of these issues in US military labs not entirely unreported. Its considered lunatic fringe research by more established science...however established science is still trying to define its terms and only recently has unified the 9 different string theories...and thats still a questionable fuzz ball.
We are and remain virtual idiots on a scale of absolutes in these and many other areas.
The neutrino mass experiment was the brain child of Wolfgang Stoebel, age 28 at the time (1984), an *east german physicist (during the cold war no less)... He and I had gone to lunch one time at the labs dining room and he was eating a ham on rye, I said you don't think that there is a field through which thought travels?
He ceased mid chomp..stood up and left...we remained friends and I finished his project but the subject was never brought up again... then 15 years later the theory with all the math and charts appears in Col Beardens book. an entire chapter.($250 from any bookstore on order)... the purpose was classified at the time but I didnt know it. It was described as an experiment to try and find the missing mass in the universe.
We have no faintest clue about the structure of these various forces...the closest we get so far is in describing the results of interactions..many of which understandings we discover later to be in error as well.
... when I was at Texas instruments looking at an electron microscope scan of a silicon substrate ....that looked like a carton of slightly fuzzy eggs... I had em print me out a copy....its rather obvious that the electons are discrete and tend to be captive of thier host nucleus/s..the math can be decieving...the exceptions remain a mystery.
We have no clue at absolute levels...we are cave men peering into the dark across the threshold of limitless potential advance.
The most hopeless of the cave men brag about thier ax.... those with a chance for advance look for thier own errors and try to come up with a better approach or an entirely different view.
Phil Scott

Well.. mass is supposed to have gravity. And mass that is at higher velocity is according to einstein to have even more mass. So maybe accelerating mass in a accelerator circle could generate what you looking for ;)
I read that gravity in string theory/quantum physics is caused by a "gravitron". If one combine that with a observation that ionizing radiation (gamma) has the wavelenght of the size of an atom. The atom is affected. Generating an electromagnetic wave in the same wavelength magnitude as an gravitron (if theory is correct.. :) might be hard due the ultra short wavelength needed. But maybe it can be produced by mixing two electromagnetic waves with a wavelength difference corresponding to the "size" of a gravitron. And thus affecting the gravitron in some way yet to be determined.. :)
It's all weird hypotheses as it would required lots of physics theory to find out if there's any chance of it being correct or even working. Besides that setting such an experiment up would most likely require costly equipment.... Or maybe equipment that is yet to be invented.. or unfeasable.

I already am one!!! My body 'creates' gravity all the time (in small amount)
My mass increases each year though, so each year I 'create' more gravity. Fortunately, I haven't reached the point where I'm affecting the local field strength though :-)
daestrom

electrical
thousands
mankind
field
So a diet and exercise is antigravity. Hmmm, makes sense : )
Gerald Newton wrote:

But why did you post this on an electrical engineering newsgroup? Everyone knows that gravity is a civil engineering problem.

Perusal of the postings shows a complete lack of gravity.
--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio