ELECTRONIC COMPONENT ENGINEER/ PERM/ IN

TOM GUGGER INDEPENDENT RECRUITER snipped-for-privacy@bex.net 419-537-9447

ELECTRONIC COMPONENT ENGINEER/ PERM/ IN

My client, a major company, is currently searching for an Electronic Component Engineer who will have ownership of the approved vendor list (AVL). This person will be working with the vendors and the customers. The person filling this position will probably have a BSEE.

This is a career position, with full benefits, up to mid 70?s, located in Fort Wayne, IN. Fort Wayne is a very low cost of living city.

Fort Wayne is located near three major universities, several lakes, and other recreational facilities.

If after reading the complete job description below, you are both interested and qualified, email resume to snipped-for-privacy@bex.net.

Electronic Components Engineer Description Electronic Components Engineer Our client is an exciting, high-growth, high technology business. They create products that are in growing demand that improve consumer?s lives while improving the profitability of our customer?s businesses. The ECM (Electronically Commutated Motors) Group is entering a phase of rapid product innovation and introduction in the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning) Industry. This is simply a continuation of the healthy growth that has occurred over the last several years. To better support the electronic component level opportunities of this business, we seek a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team. Essential Requirements: ? At least 5 years experience as an electronics component engineer ? Familiarity with proof of reliability and quality principles ? Familiarity with electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, curve tracers, semiconductor testers, RLC bridges, surge testers, etc.) ? Familiarity with reliability chambers (ovens, thermal chambers, humidity environments, thermal shock, mechanical shock & vibration) ? RoHS compliance knowledge ? Owner of AVL (Approved Vendor List) ? Owner of Component Documentation (specifications, engineering change request process) ? Up-to-date on component innovations, cost-out opportunities ? Experienced with component manufacturing techniques ? Experienced with failure analysis ? Good rapport with suppliers, component sales representatives, design engineering team, OEM customers Desired: ? Broad exposure to all types of electronic components, including power & signal, analog & digital, surface mount & thru-hole, printed circuits & coatings ? Experience in the HVAC industry ? BSEE or equivalent education ? Six Sigma Green Belt Certified Qualifications: ? High level of personal initiative, energy, and sense of ownership ? Self-directed and self-motivated, track record of execution ? Excellent written and oral communication, computer skills ? Experience managing and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously

Tom Gugger