"Electronic" Rodent traps - Volts and Joules?

They do. But it could have been the small charge that blows the nose cone that squished your frog.
Hope for the Heartless wrote:

Well that may be. I looked up the Estes rocket engines and the peak thrust for a B6 series engine is about 12 N. Given a rocket of about 40 g and a frog of about the same weight, that means a peak acceleration of 150 m/s or about 15 g's.
Don't know if that would break most of the bones in a frog crammed into a payload capsule or not. (we didn't create any sort of 'acceleration couch' for the little guy) But as I said before (and obviously Archimedes can't read), I know the landing was relatively mild since all the balsa wood fins were still intact. We had to repair enough of those that we were always relieved to see the parachute open :-)
So your idea about the parachute ejection charge might be right. I couldn't find any data regarding the magnitude of this charge but I remember it does 'pop' the nose cone pretty good. That's why the shock cord I reckon.
daestrom
Archimedes' Troll, To stay within the charter of The Group I will develop new electrical engineered technology from your body parts.
I will use thine blood as fuel to power a new motor vehicle, thine hair for a new radiating transmitter, enough of cat whiskers it'll be Troll Whiskers from here on...Now thine hooves, from thine hooves I will make ashtrays to amuse my guests, smokers and non smokers alike will marvel at there sight adorning my electric shops vestibule.
Do not be absent or late - ye'd make me grow impatient.
Thou wouldnst like me if I grew impatient.
The Mighty WontVolt