120 Volts

You certainly don't know that here in iraklion,kreta we used to have 120 volts, I don't know if it was 50 or 60 Hz.During the late 60's or early 70's they converted it to 220 V though.When I was a kid I used to break the old

110 volt meters apart and took the magnets to play.

-- Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Greece Visit our website-now with air condition!

Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Dimitris Tzortzakakis schrieb:

Hello,

if they wanted to use the existing generators after the change to 220 V, they had to keep the same frequency. The same is true with the high voltage transformers of the distribution grid. In the household, old equipment for 120 V should be used after the change together with a stepdown transformer.

Therefore I think: you now use 50 Hz in Iraklion, therefore it is very probable that it was also 50 Hz and 120 V.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen