ESD Audit ?

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find inormation on what is the minimum and Max required readings an ESD wriststrap is allowed to make it safe if checked in an audit using a multimetre ?

Same with the mats ?

TIA,, Jaxx,, ,

Reply to
Jaxx

This should be based on manufacturer's data, but here is my $0.02 worth of knowledge:

- Wristwatch: on the order of ~1 MOhms, checkable with a DVM. This is a preferred value, as too low may cause damage to devices or may tingle people (what you really are looking is a path to drain the charge)

- Mat: this should be Ohms/square, again based on manufacturer's data, on the order of ~kOhms/square

Reply to
ns

CECC 00015 do a google..

1MOhm to 35M is ok for working on none live apparatus 10M to 35M for live working (upto 500V AC) as far as I believe..

In most cases the 35M upper limit is too high for most multimeters.

Robin

Reply to
Robin