FE and PE licence

I have a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, and was wondering if getting an FE licence and then pursuing a PE licence will help my career, even if I don't want to consult or practice privately. Do employers even care about these licences? Are they a waste of time, if, say, you just wanna go work for a company like AMD or Intel or LSI?

Reply to
nan

Unless you know for a fact you will never need it, it is worth the effort. It is only 2, 8 hour exams.

Sincerely,

Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc.

145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264

snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address)

614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips

in article wA91c.297$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.columbus.rr.com, Don Phillips at snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com wrote on 3/2/04 4:23 PM:

First off, what is an FE license?

If you work for a corporation, the chances are that you do not need a PE because of what is called the corporate exemption. But be advised that in most jurisdictions, you will not even be able to publicly call yourself an engineer without the PE ticket if there is no exemption in the law.

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle

FE = fundamentals of engineering examine. If you pass, you are either an E.I.T. (Engineer in Training) or and E.I. (Engineering Intern) depending on what your state decides to call it. I think most call you an E.I.T. The FE exam comes before the PE exam and is normally taken immediately after college.

Sincerely,

Donald L. Phillips, Jr., P.E. Worthington Engineering, Inc.

145 Greenglade Avenue Worthington, OH 43085-2264

snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com (remove NS to use the address)

614.937.0463 voice 208.975.1011 fax

Don Phillips

in article Nru1c.2423$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.columbus.rr.com, Don Phillips at snipped-for-privacy@worthingtonNSengineering.com wrote on 3/3/04 4:08 PM:

E.I.T., I understand. Does that date me?

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle

It may if your state switched to E.I. Ohio still uses E.I.T.