How's your Lindows?

Any you using Lindows? I have been researching it and it looks darn good. I have one question though. The Lindows word processor will read .doc files and the Lindows Spreadstheet will read .xls files, but will they write these files so the Microsoft programs will read them?

Reply to
Mr. Smith

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:46:05 GMT, "Mr. Smith" Gave us:

Lindows is a rip off firm that wants at least one hundred dollars a year from its rip-offees. That for a free linux distro. They border on infringement of the open source license they agreed to when they utilized linux, because they do not make their most current source code available.

I don't know about what lindows carries as a default, but Open Office will write .doc and .xls that are 100% MS compliant.

That officwe package is nice. Lindows sucks.

Reply to
DarkMatter

I've been messing around with lindows live and I the developer edition also. It seems very good, I`ll have to look and let you know.

I got it free from their website after entering a promotional code that gave the full $59.00 as a discount and all 3 versions.

Col.

Ps Rip off firm or not their product (or modification of an existing one) seems very good and easy to use.

Reply to
Col

Does it save in WordPerfect format?

Reply to
Al Smith

It will also save in .rtf and starwriter format and its own .sxp.

Col.

Reply to
Col

first mail from within Lindows Live. Its great boot from the CD and 2 mins later a fully working O.S.

anyway Ive looked at open office and it saves writer files as Word

97/200/xp as default, but you can save word 95 or word 6.0 as well.

Calc files are saved as excel 97/2000/XP files as default but it will save excel 95/excel 95 template and dbase files.

Hope this helps Col.

Reply to
User Name

I do not agree. Lindows offers 2,000 software packages for minimal cost. One of these is the Fortran 77 compiler. Another is a C compiler. Additionally, all the reviews rave about this product. I think Lindows is a go. I plan to buy in!

Reply to
Mr. Smith

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:09:34 GMT, "Mr. Smith" Gave us:

2000 software packages of which all but one are freely available on the net. Not only that, but he only allows access to the site for ONE YEAR. After that you have to pay again. Got clue?
100% free, dingledorf.

100% free.

I think you are lost in your ravedness.

Bwuahahahahah!

Yep... Bend over. Your new lesson will soon begin.

Reply to
DarkMatter

message

Well done Dontmatter, a negative post without using the word "retard" your vocab is growing, have a gold star ;-) I knew you could do it you clever little man!

Col. ( expecting a really offensive reply with the word retard in it at least twice and probably a f**kwit or 2)

Reply to
Col

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 04:16:55 GMT, "Mr. Smith" Gave us:

Hahahahaah

Not to me. Some lame f*ck does not deserve my money for a fake copy of a real product.

You sound 100% retarded.

You're a goddamned liar.

No, they do not. They only have what THEY offer.

Yer an idiot. ALL that software is no more than a google away, and if you think free for the download is any different than pay for it, then download it all here, you'd be right. It is worlds different.

You are screwing yourself based on their advertised premise of "loads of software." Sorry chump, but the open source world has had that same "loads of software" available free for years. You won't change that. What you are buying is laziness that has no value or reward. You save all of two minutes per package, max. Also, when it crashes out, you cannot get the release that is just out with the fix, you have to wait until the twit that runs lindows over there gets off his ass, and makes a lindows version of the FREE software that everyone else merely downloads and installs. Then, you have to get it again, and install the upgrade. The guy that runs that show was a rip off f*ck before, and he is a rip off f*ck now. Be sure to tell him I said that too!

You are getting reamed and liking it. Doesn't surprise me in this group. It's full of "know it alls" that have no clue. There are some that have plenty of clues here, but you aren't one of them.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 04:16:55 GMT, "Mr. Smith" Gave us:

Be retarded... I don't care.

This is all aside from the fact that this has not a damned thing to do with electrical engineering. Doh!

Reply to
DarkMatter

I have now used LindowsOS for a little over one week and found it to be the best Linux Distro so far. All applications I installed either through CNR or downloaded from other sources have worked flawlessly. To make it short, I have found the perfect SOHO distro for ME! Lindows is the first that does it all without having to spend days -- sometimes weeks -- getting everything to work."

--Michael Valentine, OSNews.com

Reply to
Mr. Smith

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 05:37:26 GMT, "Mr. Smith" Gave us:

You're a goddamned retard, boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:46:05 GMT, "Mr. Smith" Gave us:

You must be some dipshit twit that works over at LindowsBlows. Trying to promote that no sell POS product in non-related Usenet newsgroups, because they are popular hang outs of computer users.

Lindows BLOWS chunks worse than WindBlows does.

Take your tripe into a group where it IS on topic.

Reply to
DarkMatter