Federal Pacific Panels

     My question is not one of reliability or liability, but to ask whether a 240V-50A stab lok breaker used in a 100A panel is the same as one
used in a 200A panel.
I have built a workshop in the back yard and plan to wire it as follows:
New 50A breaker in existing 100A panel to disconnect box w/breaker then through buried cable (60 ft) to breaker panel in shed. Then fanned out to several recepts. Purpose if computer repair and hobby work. No high loads
I plan to replace FPE load center with a Cutler-Hammer replement load center assy as soon as I can afford it, but adding a new circuit as above is about all I can afford now.
Any advice on thether the 240V-50A breaker from an FPE 200A panel will fit an FPE 100A panel?
TIA--T Terry--WB4FXD Edenton, NC
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.