Fluidcontrol

Hi everyone, my fluidcontrol-Automat (as the Germans say) went toast. I bought a much better one, from a reputable company (Wilo-Germany), at least in the EU. The old one cost 40 euros, definitely some cheap Chinese knock-off, while the new one 80 euros, from the Iraklion-plumbers' special shop, and with invoice discount. The purpose of this machine is originally for a constant pressure pump system, but in Iraklion we use it as an Automat to start the pump automatically when the water comes from the city, and stop it when the tank is full (almost everybody got plastic tanks by now). I have uploaded 4 photos, of the PCB and of the device itself, at

. Now, I'm just curious how does the thingy work? It has a chip, probably a proprietary one, and a relay to control the pump. I'm not trying to repair it, it's already in the trash:-) (I am not that good in electronics, anyway.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Just Google "Level Control circuit", there must be thousands of such designs. Also why not just use a level switch ??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull
Ï "Rheilly Phoull" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:4a594f06$0$9748$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...

I used one in a previous design, there was an electrode that sensed when water came from the city, AND when the tank was empty (AND logic) , the pump was turned on. The problem was that the electrode had too much sensitivity, and when the water was just about to come (5-10 mins before the right time) the pump was "screaming" (running without water). So, I installed an electromagnetic ventil, when in winter water had enough pressure to go on its own into the tank, and stop water electrically when the tank was full, also a switch, to turn the pump on manually, when there was enough pressure for the pump to really work. The problem was, the electromagnetic ventil would clog up from impurities in the water, needed cleaning all the time and would not close when power was off, and the tank overfilled. All these problems would be solved with the fluid control device, where overfill is being protected by a simple level valve, with a floater. Pump will be started when there's enough pressure, not by an electrode but by a valve, and will shut off when the level valve closes, when tank is full OR when water stops. (It's not just level control, it's fluid control;although that could also lead in a search at the older design).

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
Ï "Rheilly Phoull" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:4a594f06$0$9748$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...

I googled level control circuit, and that's not what I needed, usually that's with 3 electrodes, what I needed was something to sense water flow, also when water comes from the city, to start a pump (small, single phase,

1/2 HP, 230 Volt, 50 Hz, 2850 rpm, induction motor) and stop when the tank is full. A search on the wilo website was fruitless, even in german
,
) Product is fluid control wilo FC-2 2.2 bar, according to the invoice.
Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

OK, sorry I am not used to being without a water supply !! I did not take into consideration the lack of mains. So I guess a pressure switch that controls the operation of the floater level switch would be effective ?? Although it would seem a flow switch (expensive and unreliable ??) may be necessary as you say.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull
Ï "Rheilly Phoull" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:4a5a7561$0$9765$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...

Exactly, we are without mains for 2 days. Water comes every other day.

Exactly.

This device integrates both of them. When there's enough pressure from mains, pump is turned on. (Don't forget that everybody in the neighborhood plugs their pumps in, too!). The flow switch, with the electrode, would energize when just the "bubbles" came from the mains, 10-20 mins before there was really pressure.

Reply to
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios