Frequency Converter

Is there a device that can convert household electric from a 60 to 50Hz or vice versa? I want to be able to use my power tools that are rated at 60Hz
in Africa where the power is 50Hz.

Most power hand tools (the ones with brushes) use a "universal" motor that will run on just about anything you throw at them, even DC. That is why they would work on those doodads that changed the regulation on a car alternator so it put out 120v at a shitload of hertz. (unfiltered DC). Bench grinders and drill presses that use induction motors are not as forgiving. The rotary converter or VFD you need for them may end up costing more than new tools.