Frequency Counter Chip

Does anyone know of a good frequency counter on an IC? I need one for a project I'm working on. Thanks.

Reply to
Chaozhou

This might help:

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Robert Monsen

Hmm...this might be a better idea. I want a wider frequency range than the PIC can handle though. Know of any good prescalers out there?

Reply to
Chaozhou

How high do you want? What kind of count range? Would a PLD clocked at

50MHz be fast enough? 64 cell Xilinx Coolrunner is about £2.50 in small quantities. (That's a guess on the speed by the way, it can be clocked much faster but the counter internals will limit the actual speed attainable.)

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke