GFCI Plug wont reset

It appears that both of our bathrooms are on the same GFCI plug. Somehow it tripped, I didn't see anything trip it, so Im not sure what
did it. Anyway, now it wont reset. The breaker did not flip, even though I have turned it off and back on several times. Nothing is plugged in to any of the plugs in the bathroom. But still, I can't reset the GFI plug. What do I do?
Thanks in advance :)

Sometimes your garage outlet (s) are on that circuit too. Is there anything plugged in there? Many times a GFCI will stop working after a few years, or even a few months, and won't reset. Replacement is the answer then. To test your GFCI, remove the load side leads and see if it will reset. If it does, then there is something on the load side circuitry that needs to be rectified. If it won't reset, then the thing is toast. If you are sure that there is nothing else plugged into the circuit, and it keeps tripping, then get a good electrician to come and check it out. It's probably something quite simple. By the way, most GFCI outlets won't take a reset without being powered. Are you sure the breaker for that circuit is on?
I replaced the GFCI receptacle and that fixed it. Thanks :)