Help Needed - Bioengineering Doctoral Degree Logo

Dear Fellows,
I am currently working on a logo for a doctorate program in bioengineering at a University in Southamerica.
If you were so kind as to review the logo in the attached link and provide your feedback, I would be forever grateful. We are trying to determine how does the logo resonate with our potential audience.
http://solutionfactory-tampa.net/biomedicina/logofinal/LOGOFINAL7.jpg
Regards,
Marcela
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It's pretty and stands out, but I don't know the significance of the sphere shape (is it a global or drop of fluid?), and the squiggly line beneath the sphere has no meaning to me.... oh, wait...now I get it...it's a upturned palm. Didn't see it at first.
Is someone bouncing the sphere in the palm of their hand? Turn it upside down and they are bouncing it like a basketball.
I guess it didn't have the intended impact on me.
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 1, 11:28 am, Freelance Embedded Systems Engineer

Thanks for your reply. It is greatly appreciated.
Add pictures here
✖
Nice looking. But you might want to consider its appearance when printed in a smaller size, monochrome, etc.
If its used as a logo on a letterhead, the details in the globe will not be visible. You might want to develop a low resolution version as well.
✖

Thanks Paul. We'll definitely take that into consideration.
Add pictures here
✖