Help Needed

Hi!

I am looking for a material that is to be used in a capacitor as diaelec. The capacitor is to delivery a very high voltage currant for a few nenoseconds on a model aeroplane. ('coz real aircraft will cost muct higher ;) )

The material is to sustain a 89 Newtom/sqcm pressure for very long time. The pressure will be on account of culomb attraction forces. The material also needs to be non-conductor for electricity. (objective is to use it as dialect) and must be very heat conductive. If heat conductivity is higher, better. (so that it cools off quickly)

I will be thankful and promise to write your name on the model aeroplane to show respect while conducting the experiment, if you can help me with this.

Please mail to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or snipped-for-privacy@sandesh.com

Thanks and Regards

Keyur Joshi

Reply to
keyur1277

huh... you want to build a model plane with a pulsed Laser onboard? For operating it you just need that nice AAA battery powered megavolt & kiloampere supply, the rest is already built :-))

Sounds a bit like a k3W|_z project...

It's usually a bad idea to build a high performance capacitor by yourself. You could try aluminized mylar foil and roll a capacitor. For contacting use silver conductive paint on the sides of the rolled cylinder. Thes same principle is used on pulse capacitors. (not with conductive paint, but sprayed metal).

maybe you just buy a capacitor that is suitable, they aren't made from lead. they just contain the material that's necessary to meet the specs. I suspect you will be unable to build something better or lighter by yourself.

To get nanosecond pulses at very high currents, you need the right parts and a very good design. Special pulse capacitors with low internal inductance are important. The switching circuit design will be quite a challenge... I'd love to see a model airplane with a hydrogen thyratron hanging underneath :-))

Reply to
Andreas Rutz