Clarke 100EN Turbo welder - help needed

I picked up a Clarke 100EN Turbo at an auction. This is my first welder. I don't have a manual for it and am wondering what
the switch labeled (1 - 2) is used for.
It is a gasless welder but has a diagram to reverse the leads if using gas. I don't see how gas could be used with this welder unless you changed the gun out.
Most of these welders have the capability for gas operation built in, just add the tank and regulator. Look for a tiny plastic tube going into the gun cable just inside the box. Follow that inside and you should find a solenoid valve going to an external fitting somewhere. The gun cable does not look any different for flux core versus gas.
Pal wrote:

I'm not familiar with this particular model, but some of the low-end units do not come with the solenoid and tube, but can be converted to gas with an add-on kit.
The 1-2 switch that the OP is referring to is probably the voltage control -- again, on some of the very low-end units, you only get "low" and "high."

what
gas.
the
for a manual (only 24 pages)
About 10 years ago I bought a little Clarke stick welder (101E) and just put it in the generator compartment of my motorhome. I never even plugged it in. It was there just in case I ever needed it while away.
I got bored awhile back and put it to use. What a neat little toy-tool! A perfect little portable welder to drag around the yard for building fence gates.
Prolly not even offered anymore.
for a manual (only 24 pages)

replying to Tom Zachman, PC wrote: Hi Tom, I know this is a very old post but hoping you will reply. I own this 101E welder as well and recently fried the capacitor to crisp and cannot get the model of the capacitor. If you still own this welder, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind check your unit and get me the model of the capacitor so I know what to get for replacement. I've reached out to the manufacture / distributor but they don't have any documentation for this unit at all since it's a very old model. If you have the manual and parts list document and wouldn't mind sharing, that would be great. Thanks -PC
replying to Tom Zachman, PC wrote: Hi Tom, I know this is a very old post but hoping you will reply. I own this 101E welder as well and recently fried the capacitor to crisp and cannot get the model of the capacitor. If you still own this welder, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind check your unit and get me the model of the capacitor so I know what to get for replacement. I've reached out to the manufacture / distributor but they don't have any documentation for this unit at all since it's a very old model. If you have the manual and parts list document and wouldn't mind sharing, that would be great. Thanks -PC

what
gas.
I've got a Turbo Weld 100 EN but it does not have the switch you describe. Perhaps one is newer than the other. I will add that I have many welding machines at my disposal (MillerMatic 185, Syncrowave 350, Multiquip Dualweld 500 and the little Clarke) and the little one gets quite a bit of use. At work we have well over 300 NEMA 4 enclosures, most of which with rusty hinges, and when the hinges break off at the tack welds the Clarke does a fine job of welding them up. There is a solenoid and gas line coming out of mine but I've never used it.
Shawn