Help needed

I need to locate a source for two connecting rod bearing shell sets. The dimensions are 38mm and 36 mm journal diameter by 22mm width con rod. I have been unable to find a catalogue of bearings by specification. Any help will be appreciated. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Call around to local parts houses and/or bearing manufacturers & see if you find someone who has that index in their head?

Most parts guys, when confronted by an oddball request like that, will recoil like you slapped them with a three-day-dead fish. Make friends with the ones that don't.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

The old Federal Mogul and Perfect Circle books had a listing by size for such needs. Looked them up many times. I still have some of those squirreled away out at the shop, and the warehouse probably has one, and maybe even someone who knows how to use it.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Tried Carillo? You'd probably have to call or email. Your local automotive machine shop should be able to help too. Can you tell us what the application is?

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell

Beck-Arnley Federal Mogul

What is the application? What bearing shell thickness can the caps handle? You will need to determine the con rod bore, crush amount and oiling alignment.

38MM is a common journal size in import engines. The width could be a problem though.

91 Honda CRX HF 1.5 liter used a 38MM rod bearing.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Assuming you are in the US Steve, and you aren't already aware of these guys, I would give them a call or email

Good luck!

Pete

Reply to
Pete Snell