Help on IC Chip model

Hi there,

Im currently studying digital logic and im trying to built a circuit for a traffic lights using gates . These gates are built in the ic chips. The problem is that I need the exact chip model in order to purchase it from the shops.

I require 2 EXOR, 1 NAND and 3 NOR gates.As this it the first time im dabbling in digital logic, I would help me a whole lot if someone could suggest me the chip models which i could buy for these gates.

Thanks

Regards, Shamili

Reply to
Shamili Pandian

On 18/02/2004 Shamili Pandian opined:-

Look up the 74 range of TTL and/or the 4000 range of CMOS devices.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Probably best to stick to the TTL if he's a beginner, IMHO.

Reply to
Freddy P. Fay

Sounds like a problem a friend got in his 3-4 year at university. He had a PLC to program. That is what most of the industry uses because it is easier to change. just a suggestion. good luck with your project

Reply to
SQLit

I found a site with all the CMOS chip models.... but there are some chips which are dual 4 input and some which are quad 2 input.... what exactly does this mean?

Reply to
Shamili Pandian

Dual means two gates, each with four inputs.

Means four gates, each with two inputs.

It rather means that you need a crash course in logic and logic gates. Without some basic understanding it seems your project will be doomed to failure. Start with a good book beginners book on basic logic and digital interfacing.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield