How can I calculate the ampere turns necessary for an electromagnet?

I know the size of a piece of iron to be magnetized and the density of the gauss per CM . How can I calculate the ampere turns necessary for that magnet?

On 23/05/2015 8:18 PM, Apachedan wrote:

shape, size of airgap between in the magnetic path? The latter and the flux density will be the dominant factors rather than the iron itself.
--
Don Kelly

remove the 'cross' to reply directly