How much/what electrical danger performing on a covered stage during rain?

"Chairman Of The Lying Autistic MORONS "

** Not usable by music performers - at all.

YOU INSANE STINKING LIAR !!!!!!

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oooooh, that's good, very good, LOL

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Wow, and this thread isn't even crossposed to rec.audio.opinion either. It sure went downhill fast considering the Newsgroups: list.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Coincidentally, I just saw the following web citation:

Scott Dorsey

Wow, what horrible bits of kit those are. They look as if they are made in N Korea.

These are what professionals use

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Your engineers cut the grounds off the plugs ????? Glad i don't work with those engineers!!

A proper design will factor in the use of current as well as older style equiptment (which would include the recomended plug style)

Current equiptment requires the upgrade of all lines & such and therefore - in this world of 3-prong plugs - design has changed.

I can > Dasvid McCall wrote:

Reply to
Camel

We're talking early 60s and these guys were a lot older than I was, so I'll bet they stopped by now (probably stopped for good by now).

Everything was grounded separately in a carefully designed scheme to eliminate ground loops, just not with the power cord.

David

Reply to
David McCall

Thanks Scott. I wonder who the 5 remaining customers were.

Reply to
David McCall

It takes a lot less than that - .05A across the heart can kill you, and .1A across the heart will most likely cause destructive ventricular fibrillation.

Reply to
<aborgman

For what it's worth, In Europe, a ground fault protection device *must* trigger at no more than 30 milliamps after no more than 30 milliseconds. There are`also rules about regular testing of fixed installations, & for testing temporary installations before first use.

Reply to
John Williamson

trigger at no more than 30

testing temporary

Actually RCDs are available with tripping currents of 10, 30, 100 & 300mA and in time delayed versions. That's only from the MK "Sentry" catalogue - there are probably others available as well.

David

Reply to
David Lee

My personal favorite is when no green wire is pulled in the EMT feed to a three phase panel without a neutral. Then another bozo comes along and adds a single phase circuit and terminates the neutral to the ground bar (just like you would in the main panel, right.....)

And then the customer wonders why sparks come out of the conduit joints and employees get tingled when the touch the equipment. Yes, I've seen it more than once.

Reply to
Matthew Beasley

Maybe the europlug, but not the BS plug. That thing looks like it belongs on a clothes dryer, not small appliances.

Reply to
Matthew Beasley

"bits of kit"

Get some language in your life, retard.

No, sorry chump. Rugged gear does not EVER look like it is made overseas.

What a sorry bit of kit god gave you for a brain.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Lame. And you apparently do not know what the word professional means either.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Open heart surgery, defibrillator paddles are 2" in diameter and operate at 2mA.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

yep, couldn't even find a spec for them, not even an IP number for splash resistance, and a brief look at their brochure, well, even Eeyore could pull that apart.

And no obvious mention of certification, from anything US or EU based

They seem like piles of junk. I couldn't even find a frequency reponse, for the audio side, let alone the RF side

Get a job at a bank.....or as a scientologist, they both need criminals

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

** Try reading the whole story.

MK state clearly that ONLY the 30mA models are capable of giving good shock protection.

The 100 mA models are ONLY intended where a 30 mA one cannot be used - presumably because inherent circuit leakage to ground equals or exceeds

30mA.

MK also state the a 300mA model is PURELY intended for equipment and fire protection.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

From the point of view of UK wiring regs, RCDs used for protection against electrocution must be rated at no more than 30mA (and this is similar in many other countries wiring codes too). RCDs for protection against high earth fault loop impedance and not electrocution should be rated at least 100mA. 300mA and 500mA are common values too.

10mA RCDs as mentioned above are available but are rare. They are used for protection against electrocution in restrictive conductive locations (where someone may not be able to remove themselves from contact with faulty live part due to working in a location which restricts movement, such as maintenance work inside a pipeline). 10mA RCDs are also suitable for single appliances, but generally not suitable for circuits feeding many appliances, particularly Class I IT equipment.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Andrew Gabriel"

** Care to explain you pompous jargon ?

The mysterious phrase " high earth fault loop impedance " don't mean jack shit to anyone.

The use of plain language is always preferred when addressing an audience.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison