I'm intrigued

Hi after reading a lot of these post's I want to delve more into this issue..how/where do I start if I would like to learn more about becoming a qualified electrician/enginner..any recommended online site and or courses?thanks

Reply to
reqluq
041120 1805 - reqluq posted:

Yas yu can becum a lisenst and kwalifide injunear jist like me - jus keep reedin theez boreds and yu will see down tha rode that yu will all uv a sudn reeliz that yu can unnerstan whut iz be sed here an then yu will no thet yu ar a lisenst a kwalifide lectrishamun an injunear jist like me

Reply to
indago

kewl dude,tanks btw are you an engineer?

Reply to
reqluq

I Wanna talk about my dick.

Reply to
Mincer

wow no help from the elite...I guess you have to be born one to be accepted

Reply to
reqluq

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:05:14 -0500, reqluq put forth the notion that...

"Momma, don't let your babies grow up to be electricians..."

Reply to
Checkmate

country moosic may be good for your soul, but much of it is so darn depresing...

some options would be

1: collage 2: trade school 3: apprenticeship

as i am aware of your location i realize why you are looking for correspondence courses.

if you pick one make very sure it is accredited otherwise you would be just as well off by sending money to the instant diploma scammers.

Reply to
TimPerry

Rub Off Rolly Blumpkin Off Blandy

Reply to
Mincer

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mincer) wrote in :

reqlug, If you're really serious about this, it takes more than reading postings in a newsgroup or visiting web sites, although a lot of useful knowledge can be gleaned that way. Electricians need to understand basic electricity and physics. The usual path to this is a good technical school education followed by several years working for a qualified electrician to gain experience. Remember, there are electricians and there are guys who do wiring. The differnce is education and experience. An engineering path requires heavy emphasis on advanced math and physics. You need to excell in these subjects to be a good engineer, not just get by. An acredited online school can help you get the background you need, but there are also many laboratory courses involved that can only be taken in person. It's an arduous path, but one with many rewards if you do it right.

Reply to
Tom Lager

Thanks Tom for the first sane response,yes I know it takes a lot of work that's why I wanted a cursory course to see if I really can/want to deal with it.I have started a pre civil engineering course before(maths etc.)but did not feel that civil engineering really was for me.I guess it's back to the calculus..yuck

Reply to
reqluq
041123 1241 - reqluq posted:

Nothing wrong with Civil Engineering; it's a most honorable profession; designing bridges, roadways, drainage systems, railways, tunnels, water purification systems, and etc. Civil Engineers built the world, with the help of some labor people. I have a great respect for the Civil Engineer, although I am not one.

Reply to
indago

um are you trying to steer me away from electrical engineering?hehe how I'm more intrigued. where did I say something was wrong with civil engineering?

Reply to
reqluq

I'd like to talk about my ruptured rectum.

Reply to
Mincer
041123 1951 - reqluq posted:

Where did I say that you said there was something wrong with Civil Engineering???

Reply to
indago
041123 2038 - Mincer posted:

Don't tell us how it got ruptured...

Reply to
indago

you didn't but the way you wrote *nothing wrong with civil engineering it's a most honourable...*, it seemed there was an implication that I had said something was wrong or demeaning about it.as if you were defending it..

Reply to
reqluq
041124 0415 - reqluq posted:

Although you may be "intrigued" by what you read here on this message board, don't let that dissuade you from a promising career in Civil Engineering. Projects in Civil Engineering can be just as intrigueing as projects in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, and sometimes moreso. You might even find Civil Engineering so ingrigueing that you may just go over to Iraq and help them rebuild their country. Now, wouldn't that be intrigueing???

Reply to
indago

It didn't ,if you read more instead of trying to answer you would see where I said I started a pre civil eng,course before but did not feel it was for me.so now I want to pursue a promising career in electrical engineering maybe that's for me huh?.Is that ok with you?hmmm?huh?

yes for you maybe but not for me, I'm more intrigued with electrical engineering than civil,thanks for the directional concern

Can I do that with an electrical engineering degree also?I mean they do need electrical engineers also no?no?

Reply to
reqluq