Learning path

Hi!
Im a programmer and I would like to start learning about embeeded systems and robotics. i 've been programming in java and c for some
years, but now i would like to know more about hardware and how to program more lowlevel(using c or such)..and then learn more about robotics and one day hopefully build one:) So, my question is where do I start? Any good books to recommend?
Thanks!

Microcontrollers are very useful in the robotics world. Not only can you program them in C, but using them will allow you to slowly become more and more comfortable with electronics. I would recommend the Smiley Micros book (http://www.smileymicros.com /) as a good place to begin with microcontrollers.
-Michael
Michael wrote:

Thanks Michael, that sure is wonderful site.
Simon P wrote:

Thank you for the site, if I don't find anything useful in my local stores I will order this book.
-Simon