Learning path

Hi!

Im a programmer and I would like to start learning about embeeded systems and robotics. i 've been programming in java and c for some years, but now i would like to know more about hardware and how to program more lowlevel(using c or such)..and then learn more about robotics and one day hopefully build one:) So, my question is where do I start? Any good books to recommend?

Thanks!

Reply to
Simon P

Microcontrollers are very useful in the robotics world. Not only can you program them in C, but using them will allow you to slowly become more and more comfortable with electronics. I would recommend the Smiley Micros book

as a good place to begin with microcontrollers.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael

Thanks Michael, that sure is wonderful site.

Reply to
Simon P

Thank you for the site, if I don't find anything useful in my local stores I will order this book.

-Simon

Reply to
Simon P