Incandecent to Low voltage fixture (mr16)?

I am trying to replace my incadecent kitchen lights with low volatage fixtures. Right now I have two fixtures that have 2 100watt bulbs each running on a 120 volt line. I want to replace with a low voltage fixture 50 watt 12volt each. How many low voltage fixtures can I install in place of the two existing incadecent fixtures assuming the line is at capacity now.

TIA

Reply to
dssmango

Can anybody help?

Reply to
dssmango

why assume your line is at capacity?

measure the current of that breaker with all loads on and see what it really is.

chances are that you can put in quite a few fixtures safely.

remember that each fixture (probably) will have its own step down transformer so don't get caught up using 12 volts for a power calculation.

Reply to
TimPerry