Industrial Power Cable Sizing

I need to size a power cable to connect a large channel inductor furnace to the power supply. The cable length will only be 3 to 4
feet.
How can I calculate the needed cable gauge at for up to 1500Amps at 4 feet length?
The specifics are as follows:
Power : 240 KW Voltage: 500 V Current ca. 1250 A Frequency 55 Hz These value should be considered with 5% tolerance.
The apparent power is 625 KVA, max. B = 1,65 T, the two inductor coils are connected serial.
By the same voltage and frequency, possible changes of operating point during running (wear diagram): 1. constant dislocation of the channel into direction of bushing:P%0 KW/ I10 A 2. constant dislocation of the channel opposite direction of bushing:P"0 KW/ I80A 3. enlargement of the channel cross section (washing out):P%0 KW/ I10 A 4. contraction of the channel cross section (growth, channel narrow):P)0 KW/ I50 A
On 3 Apr 2007 06:10:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you use 310.16 in the US NEC you will come up with 3 parallel 800 kcmil 1470a or perhaps 3 900 kcmil 1560a That assumes 75c terminations.