Is color of generator important?

Hi!!

For the past few months I have worked for power generation industry as an analyst. What I observed was that a lot of people are getting influnced by the color of the generator. To find out how color of the genset is related to the brand of the company, I have created a study which is available on the following link:

I invite all who are interested in generators to participate in this study. You can help me make my study better.

Cheers to all!!!

Mayank

Reply to
mayankbhargava

Are you serious??? I should hope that the people making the decisions are influenced by the performance of the gen-set rather than the colour. Paint is cheap if you don't like the colour and, if it is a large enough unit, I a, sure that the manufacturer would substitute puce for the usual grey or green. In fact, industrial colour selection (coding) for industry equipment is a well established "science". --

Don Kelly snipped-for-privacy@shawcross.ca remove the X to answer

Reply to
Don Kelly

This is a prime example of why I am suspicious of all survey data.

Unfortunately, in my direct experience, the color is of extreme importance beyond any other consideration to a clueless manager. I had one inflate the cost of install by thousands by insisting the placement be moved to the opposite side of the building from the switchgear.

Reply to
Tim Perry

I dunno! Orange seems to sell well at the Home Despot. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Too bad the invisible paint never caught on. The room would look empty, till something went wrong. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That was our school color! The cheerleaders uniforms looked great!

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

But the football team wasn't so hot. What was your school mascot, an emperor?

Reply to
krw