Kindly Answer these questions....

Q1- What are the advantages of skewed slots in the rotor of a squirrel cage motor ? Q2- Why is the air-gap between the rotor and the stator of a 3-phase induction motor kept as small possible? Q3- What will happen if single-phase phasing occurs of a non-working induction condition? Q4- What will happen when a 3-Phase motor continues to run even single after the fuse on one phase is blown? Q5- How can you protect the motor against single-phasing? Q6- Why is slip-ring is preferred over squirrel cage motor? Q7- Is it possible for rotor to run at synchronous speed? Q8- Why is slip very important parameter in 3-phase Induction Motor theory? Q9- How a wound motor machine is run as induction generator? Q10- Why short circuiting rings are used ?

I shall be thanfull to u ...If u answer dese above questions

Reply to
navsince1987

If you would also supply your instructor's name and e-mail address, we can help you further by sending the answers to him directly.

Do we get course credits or just cash payment to do=20 your homework for you?

Reply to
Greg Neill

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:02:12 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: | Q1- What are the advantages of skewed slots in the rotor of a squirrel | cage motor ? | Q2- Why is the air-gap between the rotor and the stator of a 3-phase | induction motor kept as small possible? | Q3- What will happen if single-phase phasing occurs of a non-working | induction condition? | Q4- What will happen when a 3-Phase motor continues to run even single | after the fuse on one phase is blown? | Q5- How can you protect the motor against single-phasing? | Q6- Why is slip-ring is preferred over squirrel cage motor? | Q7- Is it possible for rotor to run at synchronous speed? | Q8- Why is slip very important parameter in 3-phase Induction Motor | theory? | Q9- How a wound motor machine is run as induction generator? | Q10- Why short circuiting rings are used ? | | I shall be thanfull to u ...If u answer dese above questions

That's all? No hugs and kisses? No gifts? No cash?

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Show him how to fish and he can feed himself for life.

Try the classic electric motor repair and theory book by Rosenberg at;

Gerald Newton

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:11:52 -0700 (PDT) Gerald Newton wrote: | On Apr 7, 8:02?am, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" | wrote: |> Q1- What are the advantages of skewed slots in the rotor of a squirrel |> cage motor ? |> Q2- Why is the air-gap between the rotor and the stator of a ?3-phase |> induction motor kept as small possible? |> Q3- What will happen if single-phase phasing occurs of a non-working |> induction condition? |> Q4- What will happen when a 3-Phase motor continues to run even single |> after the fuse on one phase is blown? |> Q5- How can you protect the motor against single-phasing? |> Q6- Why is slip-ring is preferred over squirrel cage motor? |> Q7- Is it possible for rotor to run at synchronous speed? |> Q8- Why is slip very important parameter in 3-phase Induction Motor |> theory? |> Q9- How a wound motor machine is run as induction generator? |> Q10- Why short circuiting rings are used ? |>

|> I shall be thanfull to u ...If u answer dese above questions | | Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. | Show him how to fish and he can feed himself for life.

And as someone else recently posted:

Light a man's campfire and you can warm him all night. Pour gasoline on him and light him and you warm him for the rest of his life.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Too wordy. Comedy requires economy. Try it this way: =20

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Reply to
Greg Neill

Yes, that is better.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

The larger holes lets the squirrel escape

to make room for the water gap.

If it doesn't work management calls a consultant who asks engineering how to fix it.and charges 10 times what it would have cost to just ask engineering in the first place.

3 shifts of machine operators wonder why they smell smoke before anyone thinks to call maintenance.

use DC moters

why do gentleman prefer blondes?

anything is possible my son if you wish real hard.

engineers get excited when they see a slip.... they don't get out much.

I like the square motors better then the wound ones because they don't roll over.

they cost less then long circuit rings.

yw

Reply to
Tim Perry

Reply to
jawad.qayyum

the slots are skewed in order to reduce magnetic locking...slip rings are preffered as it is more efficient in increasing your starting torque and you can easily add external resisistance too...the short circuiting rings are used in order to make the resistance small...if you short circuit the slots in parallel resistance decreases...the motor wont run at synchronous speed but it is possible to make it to run thro external means as in synchronous motor....

Reply to
VIDHYA