Largest 7-seg LED displays?

Then how about a CRT with a purpose buillt driver? Even works in the dark!

Reply to
Graham W

Tried that. As manufacturer they would only quote for an MOQ of 50 units. As and end user we only need a few. Hence the remark "off the shelf". There's the rub.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Jackson

There's a thought.

It would be cheaper than some of the options proposed just to buy a last-year's-model PC on the surplus market and program it to display the digits.

Not exactly the most reliable or energy efficient solution though.

Tim Jackson

Reply to
Tim Jackson

Where do bus companies get those EM marquee things?

Who makes Jumbotrons?

How about those "You are going xx miles per hour" displays they sometimes put in lieu of a speed trap? They've got a pretty sizeable display, if you can find out how makes/ sells them. Maybe check with your local cop shop.

Good Luck! Rich

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sony. They are actually Braun tubes (CRTs) without deflection, IIRC.

Some of the road-work signs are now huge LCDs with fluorescent backlighting (like 4' tubes rather than those wimpy CCFL lamps).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Sorry, knew they had built them, I also thought they had a few left! We bought 200 for one project and 26 for another, I heard they had 24 left.... Two years back, SO?

Roger Gt

Reply to
Roger Gt