Looking for Flash chip

I was wondering if somebody could suggest where I could go to purchase one or more of the following chips (or if somebody has one that they'd be willing to give up or desolder for a few bucks):

Am29LV800BT-90EC

This is an AMD 3V Flash, 8 megabit (1M x 8 bit), top sector boot code architecture, 90 ns nominal cycle time, and 44-pin small outline package.

I've already tried the following: Digi-Key (no AMD Flash) Newark Electronics (16-day lead time; they're not going to stock just a few for me working individually on this) Jameco Avnet NuHorizons (doesn't carry AMD Flash) Future Electronics

AMD has not obsoleted this part yet as far as I can tell, but I can't find information on their site about suppliers and resellers.

Any ideas? This specific part is needed for repair, not a new design.

Thank you, Greg

Reply to
Greg Arena

Hey Greg, I don't know if you got an answer to this question or not but anyhow.. go to

and do a search you will find that chip. I did a search for u and it found 5 companys that sell that chip.

- $3.63
- have to put in a request for a quote
- have to put in a request for a quote
- have to put in a request for a quote
- $4.65 - I think they hav min order though

Hope it helped...

Krishan

Reply to
Krishan

Hi Krishan,

Thanks for the info! Mouser.com had a nice automatic cross-reference which found an equivalent part.

Thanks again, Greg

Reply to
Greg Arena