Universal remote control? Why doesn't my RCA one work?

I recently bought an RCA RCU410MS universal remote control. When I set it up with the recommended code, my 20+ year old Mitsubishi TV's channel pilot light blinks, but there is no other action. It is such a fine set, that I am only now thinking of a possible replacement. I also went through the entire set of codes, getting blinks now and then, but no transition. The remote control works sort of with another set when I go through the whole set of codes, but not with the codes recommended.

I have Sony remote control with the listed code that worked just fine but has now failed. Its failure seems to come from a bad connection between the battery and the control's innards.

I remember having a similar problem with another remote control that came with a VCR. I couldn't use the control to operate my TV even in an incremental mode. I also got blinks.

Have the standards for energizing TV's changed over the years? Is it possible that longer pulses are needed? Is there a decent site that explains how these controls work?

Bill

Reply to
Repeating Rifle

Try these