installing a remote switch

I have cooling unit with an on/off switch inside the casing. I want to install a remotely controlled on/off switch. I have already purchased the remote switch and have tested it on a household light and it works fine at a distance of 25 yards. In fact, it is an RF type switch that works through walls, etc. The switch (relay) module has mains input/output wires 240 V A/C and a maximum load of 1000watts.

Here's the wiring diagram of the cooling unit:

I would like to switch the compressor on and off with the remote switch or if that's not possible, then switch the whole thing on/off.

The question is where do I put it?

Reply to
jim

yards. In fact,

your wiring diagram does not indicate what the load is. Do you have a diagram with the t-stat in it? Interrupt the stat and it should work

Reply to
SQLit

thanks for the reply. unfortunately, I don't have any diagram for the thermostat. I post the diagram on another newsgroup (sci.electronics.design) and someone there reckons the pressure switches act like a thermostat.

Reply to
jim

Hi,

First, sorry for my english, I'm french.

I'm not sure if I anderstand you well. I think you want to switch (On/Off) the compressor without touch the cooling unit!?!

The wiring diagram you show is general, I mean that it presents a lot of options but you do not have all of them.

Do you have a contactor to start your compressor? If you don't know I'll ask my question differently. Presently, do you have push a Start/Stop button to switch the compressor On/Off or is it "self-suffisent" when it's plug => Start any time on low pressure and stop on high pressure?

Waiting for your response...

Steve

Reply to
Steve & Julie