Mains hum + RF interference

Hi Group

I'm looking for a simple solution to an annoying problem.

On my PC I've got a set of external (mains powered) speakers. I've got a couple of annoying problems that I'm sure should be rectifiable, but I don't know how!

  1. When the speakers are turned up high I hear a mains (60Hz) hum.
  2. I sometimes get really heavy interference from what sounds like local walkie-talkie / taxi service / emergency service (mainly noticable when the speakers are (i.e. powered up) but have no audio output going to them.

Any ideas how to stop this?

Cheers

Den Murray

It looks to me you have a ground problem. In order to detect a modulated carrier you must have a detector (a non linear connection) A bad ground. Have all grounds together and grounded only at one location.

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad