Microsoft foreign employees to train India Outsourc

It is true. In Redmond, Washington Microsoft employees are being forced to train their India replacements. These replacement workers will move back to India and take their new jobs with them. The American workers will then be laid off. This is no lie, it is true. I would like to reveal the source but cannot do so without jeopardizing the trainers job that will only last but a few more months.

Reply to
Mr. Smith

My wife was a line suprivisor at a Semi Conductor plant. Another foreigh woman was brought in who worked much cheaper than my wife. My wife was given the job of training her, and when the woman knew the job, my wife was layed off. When I have ever been given the job of training any one who looked like they might replace me, I always quit on the spot. Why wait for the axe to fall.

Reply to
bushbadee

It's simple economics. If consumers can shop around for the best prices then why not business? Software people were getting paid $30-$40k/yr in the early

90's. That shot up tp $80-$100K+ by 2000. This increase in demand was fueled in large part by the internet boom and vast expanses of venture capital money. The money is gone and the internet boom is over.

Lots of people got involved in lucrative technical positions. I remember $150/ hour software contractors. In fact demand was so high the infastructure was set up in countries like India to augment the need for talent in the United States. Now, demand is lower and countries like India are positioned well to provide these services at lower wages. Thanks to the internet, knowledge based jobs are very flexible. The tech economy of the late 1990's was an anomly, just like the boom that happened in the mid 80's. It was a similiar thing then except no internet.

I feel bad when people lose their jobs. But it's a fact of life no one can shelter you from. I've been "let go" at least three times and learned not to tie my success to anyone elses. Things will improve as business runs cyclically.

Reply to
fabbl

Standard answer from a whiner. I've been laid off several times. I always got another job. I've also had my own business. You put your fate in other people's hands and chances are you'll end up a whiner. If companies don't make money, you won't ever have to worry about work again - since you won't have any.

Reply to
fabbl

You are wrong there. I know from very reliable sources that salaries have skyrocketed in India, more so in the software arena and now many feel they can earn as much by working local and not going stateside.

Reply to
Ardent

Self-correction in action...

Reply to
fabbl

Like water, it should seek out it's own level. So instead of having (picking numbers out of the air) 200,000 US professionals making $120K and 200,000 Indian professionals making $12K, it will average out at $66K. Well, unless the Indians train some more people, as that's a hell of a lot of money in India (and so is $12K, for that matter), it will buy you a lot of palak paneer and Dosas, not to mention domestic servants).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

You're forgetting the management expenses in maintaining an off- shore resource. This is not insignificant unless, of course, management goes off-shore too (hardly likely).

I predict that *many* companies will be severely burned because of their dreams of free talent.

It's also amazing that people weren't concerned when these jobs went to Germany. Yet, the Indians and orientals are somehow "evil".

Bottom line: get with the program. No one has a "safe" job, and there is no reason to expect it. Our *real* problem is that the education system is controlled by educrats. Science hasn't a chance.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Free markets beat "planning" every time. In the end everyone will win. Just let supply and demand take care of it. Sure, you'll get whiners - they're generally the ones who got complacent and let their skills rot. Now the job is worth more than they are. You also have the opportunist' taking advantage of the whiners - mostly in Government. This will straighten itself out as long as no one tries to "fix" it.

Reply to
fabbl

Absolutely! The alternative is just too ugly to contemplate.

"GET?" Hell, whining is all you see! ...particularly from the Democrat wannabees. NOtice that our education system isn't doing its job either. I wonder who is in "charge" of that?

I certainly hope no one in *government* tries to fix anything! They haven't the slightest clue about the public sector.

What amazes me is the lack of outrage when high-tech jobs went to Germany. Now that they're over-priced there *is* outrage over them going to Asia. Perhaps there is a little racism here?

Please!

The real problem is that we're not educating our people. We're certainly *paying* for it, but it's not happening. It's time to shake up the education establishment. I'd recommend a Reagan moment: Strike, and you're history for all public jobs.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams