modifying my motion sensor light

i am trying to up the voltage or wattage coming out of the sensor so i can power a halogen taken off and spliced into the box directly to the sensor light. i have it working, its all set up, all the lights come on when the sensor is activated but the current may be to low? they are very dim, i am using 75w halogen x2, for the sensor light, and i am using a 150w halogen coming off the sensor lighting.

i took apart a defective light, i notice some sort of blue box about 3/4 inch long that the power comes off the board out to the lights, i assume that if i change this to a higher rating i can get the desired affect?

Reply to
mathusala_jones

This is a fire waiting to happen. You don't have a clue about what you are doing. Don't modify anything. Buy what you need.

Ben Miller

Reply to
Ben Miller

if you plug the lights into an extension cord without the switching unit, are they brighter or the same? if they are brighter you unit has been damaged or is improperly connected. .... wait, are these 12 volt lamps? if so don't add more than was originally designed for. you will overload the transformer.

probably not. it's likely this is a relay.

Reply to
TimPerry

ok, no these are not 12V lights w/transformers but i did go out and purchase a piezzo tweeter with transformer to add an audible alarm to the motion light. i dont know why they dont make them?

the unit itself works fine. all the lights came on very dim but they did all function with the sensor when activated. i bought a relay, the blue box thing i mentioned. the guy sold me one with a higher rating. the old one said 5A this one says 10A, he said it should handle the extra power going through there.

i dont know about y'all but when my momma told me never to stick my tongue on metal in the winter...but any help getting my tongue off the metal would be appreciated, thats where i am at now.

Reply to
mathusala_jones

dear sir, you are right, i do not know what i am doing but any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
mathusala_jones

'cus it annoys the neighbors?

if they are wired in series the light will be dim.

pour boiling water on it?

Reply to
TimPerry