Motion sensor alarm

Hi how can I make an alarm (if possible) from those motion sensor lights (or any other inexpensive alarm ideas). I want to know when someone crosses my
gate if it's open.. some light and or buzzer should go off in the house . thanks req
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 23:30:40 -0500, "reqluq"

Plug a wall wart in a lamp socket to receptacle adapter on one of the lamp sockets and string the low voltage wire into the house. Hook your buzzer to them.
reqluq wrote:

Here (the UK), you can buy outdoor motion sensor lights /with/ a built-in wireless link to an annunciator/alarm (that comes with the lamp fitting).
You can also get CCTV cameras with sensors that automatically change channels on your TV and/or sound an alarm when activated. So you can see what* it is that has arrived.
*In my case, the "what" would probably be large and hairy and answer to the name of,"Baaaaaa". -- Sue
reqluq wrote:

This isn't quite what you asked about but might be an alternative: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5gdhjd It's a trail monitoring system used by hunters. Have you looked at wireless driveway alarms?
Dean

I'm looking for cheap effective ways. if possible thanks req

Thanks for the suggestions folks req
reqluq wrote:

http://www.x10.com/pro/automation/phs01.htm
Thanks req