NM cable sheathing in box

Is there code that says how much is too much cable sheathign in box? I have about 2 inches or even more in some spots and I am second
guessing myself. I think there is a minimum but not a maximum, right?
Also, is there code that says where an electrical panel has to be in relation to the entrance? Mine I had planned on being the front left wall. My "man door" is on the opposite side of the garage. The overhead door is by the panel location however.
Thanks as always!

1/2" of sheathing inside the box. The conductors need to extend out 6" from the front of the box.
There is no code for panel location as in reference to a building entrance. In practice though, keeping it away from the entrance is better. Less chance of moisture from rain or snow being around it.

I was thinking 1/2 inch was the minimum and there was no maximum.
Also I thought it was 6 inches from where the wirte enters the back of the box. Is that correct???
stryped wrote:

Probably correct - the inspector might not like the "workmanship" if you have 3".

Correct, plus at least 3 inches outside the box.
--
bud--

Sorry, I wrote that up poorly. It is 6" of length starting from where the conductor leaves it's raceway or cable sheathing. For boxes who's opening is less than 8" in either direction, the conductor has to extend at least 3" outside of the opening.
stryped wrote:

I always strip it back as close as I can get it to the entry, generally half an inch or less. Whenever I see a bunch of sheath in there, it instantly indicates an amateur job.
If you won't spend the 15 bucks on a book, at least open up one of the professionally wired receptacles in your house and copy that.

I did buy a book by the way.