Philips PM3262 failure info

I picked up a Philips PM3262 Oscope at my town's recycling center. it looks like it has been well used.
I plugged it in and turned it on. It worked normally for about 2 minutes
and then shut down. The ckt breaker on it did not pop. The "ON" light was off. After I let it sit for a while, this repeated.
I don't have schematics and when I took the covers off I did not see anything obviously out of kilter.
Has anyone had this problem and fixed it easily? If so, could you post the fix?
Thanks in advance.
Al