power factor

Hi.
I need an information about LED's (Light Emitting Diode) power factor- cos (fi). I know that question is seemingly strange but I hope that someone
could help me.
Marcin,

LEDs are fed with a dc voltage. where there may be a power factor variation would be due to the power supply feeding the LED. That will depend on the design of the power supply.
--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

LED can be fed with VAC, of course it's blinking then. What's the LED's power factor supplied from VAC?
Marcin,

No, if you bias LEDs the wrong way, they blow up. Blinking LEDs are fed with an interrupted dc supply.
--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Ordinary diode connected in parallel but the opposite way round. When the voltage reverses the diode conducts and protects the LED.
However, blinking at mains frequency probably isn't too noticeable
--
Stuart Winsor

From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed.