speaker thud

whenever i turn on or off my desk lamp, my computer speakers make a loud thud sound. what causes this and is there anyway to remove this effect?

Warren Thai formulated on Friday :

Put the computer on a different circuit if possible. Wind the desk lamps flex a few times through a toroid ferrite core - close to the lamp. Do the same with the speakers close to where they connect to the computer.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)