Powering 2 2.8V1.68A motors?

Afternoon all,
I'm working on a project where 2 motors will drive string on either side of a pen to draw something on X and Y.
I need a power source though and want to get it right. The two motors are rated 2.8V1.68A each. (http://www.reprapsource.com/en/show/6534 )
Do I need an exact power supply or can I use a 12V6A supply from an old video game haha.
Thanks.
On 02/02/2013 3:09 PM, just4funandcuriosity wrote:

Don't use that supply- it will let the magic smoke out of the motors. Use a 3V supply but if you want variable speed- you might want a speed control circuit -I am assuming 3VDC. As long as the current rating is about 4A or more it will be OK
--
Don Kelly
cross out to reply