Probe BW vs o-scope BW

This has been asked before, wrt to capacitance, but I'm still not clear on it...

Ex: 250MHz x10 passive probe | 20MHz scope (automotive use)

_If_ the probe can be (low-freq) compensated, with the scope's 1kHz test signal - fairly square wf and compensation trim adjustment range not maxed out to one side - will this 250MHz probe display as accurately as a (also compensated) 40MHz or 60MHz probe?

Or will a flatter compensation pattern be possible, and subsequent dx display/waveforms be more accurate w/the latter?

Thank you, Lance

Reply to
Lance Morgan

The wider the response of the probe, the better it is. I use a 100 mHz scope on my bench, and use 500 mHz probes.

Reply to
Jerry G.

My HP scope is flat to about 3 gig and it uses active diode probes. (It is a sampling scope.) . . I DO NOT FOLLOW MANY OF THESE NEWS GROUPS To answere me address mail to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to