My wife has a bad habit of unplugging her power cord from her laptop after it's been fully powered. But not unplugging the cord from the outlet in the wall. I clean up after her every time she does this. I tell her she better be more careful. So I unplug the cord and put it away. This has happened more than 100 times at home.
Well, she did this at work (a classroom, she's a teacher) today and when she came back after lunch saw that the end of the power cord had carelessly landed in a bucket of water used to clean the chalk board. Luckily, they didn't touch the bucket or water, but unplugged the cord from the wall.
My question is could she have been electrocuted to death? Or just burned by the shock? What would've happened. This is by the way in an old middle school where I doubt they have new fancy circuit breakers or protection devices. I don't know the exact amount of voltage running through that power cord, but would it be that amount or the amount of the source? Would this have resulted in death?
I'm so angry at her now. I need to teach her a lesson and research what would've happened.
Thanks for the help.